3.23.2005

very free and easy

I watched Spring Break: Shark Attack the other day on CBS. Somehow they managed to provide viewers with a valuable message about rape while entertaining the public by showing spring breakers being eaten by vicious sharks. I didn't think it was possible, but they pulled it off. The weird thing is that a week or so before its air time a similar incident actually happened off the coast of Florida where sharks migrated towards the beach and scared off people. I bet CBS did it just to get viewers. Their next big idea for a movie is entitled Locusts. That's pretty self-explanatory, but I'm still trying to figure out how they'll put a twist on it. I can't wait.

It seems like the producers of these movies are just picking nouns and running with them. Shark. Locust. I guess that's not a bad idea when you have nothing better to work with. If I had extra air time I would make an hour and a half movie about a swarm of killer locusts too. That would be great to draw up the storyboard for. The plot doesn't even have to be developed, all the viewers want to see is a bunch of people running away from insects in terror. Television at its best.

I have all these ideas running through my head that never get out. They always run into each other and cancel out. It's very confusing. What results is something like this post, complete bullshit with no real conclusion, which seems to characterize not only this post, but my life also. It does bring me some consolation though that many people are in the same position as me. My position being, not having any real direction in life, but knowing where I want to end up. Maybe that is a direction though...like I said, it's very confusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home