10.13.2005

i'm screaming at the top of my lungs

Thank goodness I’m not as spontaneous as my thoughts. I was engineering a well for an African village when our business class got out the other day. I think this eventually led to a giant convention in Northern Africa where I gave an inspiring speech about putting wells in every village. My first thought was a bit more bona fide. I think I hit a wall though, when I became aware of the language barrier, and the fact that my limited budget would probably run out in a matter of months. This led me to getting corporate sponsors and such to support my great cause. In any case it’s pretty ridiculous what one can dream up in just 50 minutes. It doesn’t just stop at the end of class though. This goes on the entire day. I set up a hookah bar across from Watterson towers and gave a speech to the town committee on making the town of Normal more college oriented later that day. It’s a shame these thoughts will only ensue in my head and not in my actions.

Certainly I’m not alone when I dream up plans to start my own business or travel the world. Imagine being able to see people’s ambitions rather than their bodies. Our sight would be filled with ground-breaking ideas and thought that could vastly improve society’s current state. The world is flooded with potential, but a good majority of the people will never act on their instincts and drop what they are doing. I guess that includes me. My insides will swell and stretch with pipedreams ripping through my conscious until one day I’ll explode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home